My wife is a recovering Mario addict. A couple years ago, this bad boy made an awesome birthday present for her.
The only issue I had with this project was the eyes. I somehow managed to make him completely cross-eyed. It’s something I will have to go back and fix down the line. For now, she couldn’t care less.
I did make one modification to this pattern from WolfDreamer (you can find some really, really amazing work at the WolfDreamer blog!) Instead of crocheting the hair and mustache, I cut them from felt and hand sewed them onto the doll. All in all, I think this turned out quite well, For a long time it was the biggest thing I had ever made!
I have a cousin who has been badgering me for a Luigi, I will have to try him next!